Dwonload and install Radiance from this link: Radiance Version 5.2 Installer
Please Make sure to select “Add Radiance to the system PATH for All Users” option during installation, as in the bellow image.
*Release 188.8.131.52 05.03.2020
1. Improvements to material settings to allow re-run after updating materials without re-converting the model.
2. New option to define custom materials on Project settings.
3. Changes to perform model conversion within Autocad instead of on a separate service.
4. New option to show plan view of converted model for QA.
5. Support for transparent Trees for VSC, APSH/WPSH, ADF and Radiance based calculations.
6. Support for ThinGlass e.g. for balcony for VSC, APSH/WPSH and ADF.
7. New option to analyse View Out calculations.
8. New option to allow back to back Rendering of Proposed and Existing Groups in single run.
9. New option to allow user to change colour when creating room type layers for registration.
10. Improvements to DrawRoomGridPnts command to allow choice of grid points of rol, dd, df or view calculations.
11. Option to easily set equinox dates for transient shadow test.
12. Option to set colors for room_polylines_roomType layers.
13. Saving Shift Coordinates for models in large coordinate system with the model to avoid using different coordinates when model is copied to another folder without the relevant txt file.
14. New EFZ summary sheet with default ROL excel report summarizing EFZ totals by building name.
15. New option to add group name to the default report file name.
16. Support for grid files bigger than 2GB size when running calculations.
17. Option to render direct Sun path on the potential glare image
1. Fix to improve time taken to clear results from calculation dialogue.
2. Fix to remove need for classicgroup’s existence for room registration.
3. Fix for run and report scripts to work with new calculation types.
4. Fix to automatically include glazing multiplier and convert diffuse to normal incidence transmittance for raytracing based(DF & CBDM) calculation.
Changes on UI
1. Project Settings – Results tab is renamed as Assessments Criteria.
2. Settings – Legend – Gradient tab shows calculations on a list instead of a grid.
3. Cutback dialog’s re-create diagram option is removed. Subtract from proposed option should be ticked to remove cutback objects from model and re-run and it should be unticked to just create the cutback objects.
4. Render dialog has option to choose Radiance or Path tracing. No need to go to Settings-Raytracing tab now.
5. Help option on dialogs is now replaced with links to FAQ and Tutorial pages on MBS website.
*Release 184.108.40.206 06.11.2019
1. New option to filter room type combination group by Building name, Attribute and Property type.
1. Fix to sort rooms correctly when they have windows from different floor.
2. Fix to apply ignore north face rule to neighbouring APSH facade calculation.
3. Fix to show warning when text files don’t have enough entries which can cause the report to come out of order.
*Release 220.127.116.11 07.10.2019
1. New Project setting option to specify Proposed or Neighbour Analysis. Proposed Analysis replaces self test mode on report.
2. Option to save offline license for dongle to minimize online validation
3. Zooming option for Cutback command
4. UK Annex for EN-17037 Standards
5. EFA Daylight Design Guide for UDI(Useful Daylight Illuminance) and SDA calculations
6. Option to exclude calculation points within the specified threshold from the room perimeter for Climate-Based Calculation
7. Option to remove virtual ground from images on Render dialogue
8. Support for background texture image to appear on rendered images(e.g. OS map on Transient Shadow image)
9. Support for Radiance BSDF material
10. Radiance Falsecolor program(Irradiance Color) on Render dialogue.
11. Radiance Stencil Daylight Factor image on Render dialogue.
12. VSC, APSH, DD and ADF Building summary spreadsheet for self test.
13. Option to sort report by room/window attribute.
14. Options to filter rooms which don’t have any windows and rooms which have moved/changed after registration.
15. Option to insert building details block for a selected building polyline.
16. Option to create Room_Polylines_RoomType layers for selected room types.
17. Option to create polyline layers required for register by model.
18. Option to create room group from South Facing windows in Register dialogue > RoomType Combination.
1. Fix for VSC calc point on inclined windows.
2. Fix for dialogues to resize correctly on different Windows display scale option.
3. Fix for automatic update of adf label after calculation to split the window area and set MF correctly.
4. Fix for calc point insertion to not modify point size which used to cause Autocad to crash.
5. Fix to allow users to add new temporary values to room type and room/window attribute comboboxes without adding these values to text files.
6. Checking for unloaded xref files, isolated objects or empty ex,pr,surrounding groups on conversion process.
7. Fix to automatically add new window/room id during manual registration.
*Release 18.104.22.168 13.06.2019
1. Added support for Polygon mesh during converstion.
1. Fix for default report adf summary.
2. Fix for room registration freezing occasionally.
3. Fix for vsc report showing windows in wrong order for rg group.
4. Fix for rol spot calculation showing zero value.
5. Fix for SDA EN17037 to exclude results within 0.5m of the room perimeter
*Release 22.214.171.124 03.05.2019
1. Fix for room update issue when room id contains dots.
2. Fix for AutoCreateProposedFromLayer option resetting intermittently.
3. Fix to make room register dialog to treat room types in case-insensitive way.
*Release 126.96.36.199 08.04.2019
1. Fix for autoamtic update notification on Run dialog.
2. Fix for incorrect Project settings error on first run after install.
3. Fix for radiance command failing due to log file being locked by Autocad.
4. Fix for group name combo boxes to adjust for longer group names.
5. Fix for APSH pass value not set to 25 on Project Settings. The bug only affected version 188.8.131.52
*Release 184.108.40.206 26.03.2019
1. Added MBSLicense and MBSUpdater commands for Autocad command line
1. Fix to handle special chars such as &, @ in file path for radiance conversion.
2. Fix to unmap radiance folder if network drive is mapped during conversion.
3. Fix for WPSH facade coming out of places.
4. Fix for Amenity calc. The bug only affected version 220.127.116.11
*Release 18.104.22.168 05.03.2019
1. Implementation of EN17037 calculations *
o Spatial DA
o Sunlight Exposure
o Glare DGP & Annual Glare DGP
2. Improvement on implementation of BREEAM Spatial DA
3. Added min df/adf req uniformity, room depth and view of sky criteria to BREEAM DF Test
4. 3D mesh representation for DF and climate based calculation results
1. Room Type Combination dialogue to create room groups by room types combination
Register dialogue > Tools > Create Groups > Room by
2. Improvement to Register by model to work with simpler building polylines.*
3. Option to combine Pre-Reg steps to simplify register by model
4. Improvement to Renumbering, Introducing partial floor renumbering for flats within a building. *
5. Option to keep RoomType.txt, PropertyType.txt, GlazingTransmittance.txt in custom location
6. Option to Import Settings from Drawing. Register dialogue>Tools>Import Settings from Drawing (Copies Waldram folder and all required files from selected drawing to current drawing).
1. “CutbackMBS” command to facilitate cutback
2. Rasterizing option is deprecated
3. Automatic detection for optimal grid cell size
4. Implementation of nested grids with adaptive cell dimensions according to model density.
This feature has speed up ROL/DD calculations.
5. Utility Commands for View Calculation (CalcShortestDistance, CalcHorizontalAngle, LayersSeen)
6. Option to change background sky image on Waldram diagram. The image must be located in: %appdata%\MBS Software\Waldram Tools\References\sky.jpg
7. Tools > Clear Results > Clear Texts to clear all result texts (df, sda, ase, amenity) in the model.
This improves orbiting speed in Autocad view.
8. Minimum Point DF result text value is highlighted with red on result mesh
1. Option to render RADIANCE images on Render dialogue
2. Interactive camera for Render dialogue
3. Walkthrough option for rendering
4. Potential Glare image and csv report
5. Ambient Occlusion is implemented as an option for shading mode.
6. Option for interactive rendering
1. BRE Non Gradient option for VSC, APSH facade analysis.
2. Facade Analysis support for Daylight Factor calculation.
3. Offset option for Facade Analysis.
1. Option to exclude window area from area weighted reflectance value for BRE Adf.
2. Option to manipulate window area to change Adf results live on the excel report.
3. Consistent rounding of results to 2 decimal places by default.
4. Summary Sheets for VSC, APSH, ADF and DD in default excel report.
1. Option to run Updater from any dialogue Menubar > Help > Updater
2. Improvements to floor filter, option to customize layer names using xml file
3. Option to see Dongle information from any dialogue Menubar > Help > About
The dongle is validated with online server once when any dialogue is open in new Autocad instance for the first time.
4. Fix to not overwrite existing UserSettings during update
Note: Reinstall of Waldram tools is necessary for updating to version 4.1. Upon re-installation, future updates can be downloaded without need for admin rights.
Updater can be open from the dialog (Autocad and mbs dos services still need to close before update)*
* See help document for detail.
Major Bug Fixes
1. Support for Red DESkey dongle
2. Fix to make room type names case-insensitive and to ignore duplicate names.
3. Fix on pop up message boxes hiding behind the main dialogue window.
4. Fix to make adf below area calculation faster for model with large no. of full height windows.
5. Fix to detect window/room name pattern during register by model. Previously, only the W1/R1 format was used when text file didn’t have enough entries.
6. Fix on direct sun vectors matrix for ASE calc.
*Release 22.214.171.124 24.09.2018
1. BRE Non Gradient option for VSC, APSH facade analysis
2. Option to specify offset for facade
1. Fix for index error after renumbering.
2. Fix to avoid autocad crash after error on SunAPSH command.
3. Fix to prevent pop up message box on register dialog to hide behind it.
*Release 126.96.36.199 08.06.2018
1. Support for DESkey red dongle
1. Fix on direct sun vectors matrix for ASE calc
2. Fix on Show pallete on Result form
*Release 188.8.131.52 15.05.2018
1. Fix on APSH horizontal windows on raycasting method
2. Fix on DF path tracing method.
*Release 184.108.40.206 12.04.2018
1. Fix on DF uniformity ratio test and an extra column in reports for (min df/adf req).
2. Fix on DF working plane height to be taken from DD(ROL was used before).
3. Fix on Rendering for camera Plan view
*Release 220.127.116.11 19.03.2018
1. Brought back images for APSH Raycasting calculation. Faster calculation method can be used by unticking Create Waldram Diagram option
1. Fix to reload settings when dialogs reload instead of autocad reload.
2. Fix for non-coplannar error on adf below area calculation caused by double precision error.
3. Fix to show all possible MF values when related values change.
4. Fix to not remember window/room id when switching tabs on register mode
5. Fix to show centre option on register dialog when it’s not visible
*Release 18.104.22.168 29.11.2017
1. Daylight Factor, Spatial Daylight autonomy and Annual Sunlight Exposure calculations and their corresponding reports.
– Facade analysis for Amenity and Solar radiation calculations.
– Non gradient option for Facade analysis.
– Display % of area for results option for facade analysis where result % is displayed on legend.
– Facade registration also supports regions and 2d polylines, Facades can be registered by Name.
3. Option to specify separate Maintenance factor for ADF windows.
4. Option to specify Room type via the polyline layer name during room registration.
5. Apsh calculation using weather data.
6. “New shadow only” option for Transient Shadow test.
7. Calculation Date and Version columns for CSV and Default Excel report.
8. Decimal places option for csv report.
9. Text and Font option on Settings dialog Colours tab (currently applied only for all Legends and glare test).
10. Help option can be used from any dialog which contains Tutorials and FAQ’s.
11. Deleting existing contours on loading out file via LoadResult dialogue.
12. Colour banding option for solid angle and cosine distribution on SkyScanner command.
13. Room/Window/Amenity file version is upgraded to 22.214.171.124
1. Alert if Run or Report dialog is not linked with the currently active drawing on Autocad
2. Fix to stop room selection permanently changing the layer colours.
3. Fix for calculating window below area in ADF for curved windows.
4. Fix on MBSRoomWatchdog error on AutoCAD versions <= 2014.
5. Fix on ADF calculation: not intersecting side windows that blocks the view.
6. Fix on ADF calculation coming zero if windows are within group.
7. Fix for window to room link being broken due to old runtime object being used during update.
8. Fix on Self intersecting routine on Room registration. The side effect is that any entity (window, room etc.) registration requires non-empty Existing or Proposed ClassicGroup.
9. Fix on MBSRoomWatchdog error on AutoCAD versions <= 2014
*Release 126.96.36.199 14.09.2017
1. Facade analysis for VSC, APSH calculations.
2. “Facade” command to show Register Facade dialogue
3. Facade video tutorial on MBS e-Learning website.
4. Support for Facade layers on FloorFilter command
5. Support for “All Users” to use the software through the same installation.
New installation and new Updater version required.
6. Software version 3.2 would not work with Updater versions prior to 3.3
7. Sky scanner and SunApsh outputs on specific layer.
Hemisphere radius for SunAPSH.
Shading for objects.
8. APSH room label option on Label dialogue.
9. Attribute column for all tables on MBS default self-test excel sheets
10. Window calculation points go to floor specific layers.
11. Changed the highlighting color back to red
12. Shading option for Raycasting images
13. Option in Task form to skip the XNB conversion.
14. Room/Window/Amenity file version is upgraded to 1.3.0
15. CSV columns remain unchanged.
1. Fix on consistency of outputs in labels and reports.
2. Fix for adf below area calculation when bottom of window is very close to the wp height
3. Fix for adf below area exception on Autocad 2018 for entities on large coordinate.
4. Fix to delete the RG_INJUCTABLE group if all room pass
5. Fix Selfintersect checking method on registering room
*Release 188.8.131.52 04.09.2017
1. Changes to csv filenames.
2. Highlighting all windows with rooms on update mode.
3. Fix for adf below area error on Autocad 2018.
*Release 184.108.40.206 14.08.2017
1. Option to delete labels from Label dialog
2. Option to always use current date on report. Can be set on ProjectSettings dialog.
3. Alert if Report or Run dialog is not linked to the active drawing on Autocad.
4. Showing if Use floor relfection option is used for a single room on Update mode
1. Fix to stop room layer colors being reset after selection on report or label dialog.
2. Fix for occasional errors caused by labels on room update after copy-paste rooms.
3. Fix for deleting duplicate windows from rooms.
*Release 220.127.116.11 31.07.2017
1. New command “HrSC” to calculate horizontal sc/sf values.
2. Group names on rol and summary csv sheets
*Release 18.104.22.168 06.07.2017
1. New column for window/floor name on csv summary
1. Fix for when average surface reflectance don’t match the average from individual values for ADF
2. Fix for false invalid results error on cloud
*Release 22.214.171.124 18.05.2017
1. Fix for APSH csv report when ignoring north facing windows.
2. Centre option column in csv report.
*Release 126.96.36.199 10.04.2017
1. Fix for ADF calc using SF method where window is split. The adf values for below area were not including below factor.
2. Fix for checking window results being invalid
*Release 188.8.131.52 5.04.2017
1. Improved presentation for SunApsh & SkyScanner commands
1. Fix for ADF calc where window is completely below wph
*Release 184.108.40.206 28.03.2017
1. New “SlopeWindows” command to check and fix windows which are inclined slightly.
2. New “SunAPSH” command for visual representation of APSH sun dots.
3. “Force ReRegister” button for when reregister is not automatically detected for room polyline changes or for rooms copied from another model.
4. Added checking for open room and window polylines during registration.
5. Added new columns for ADF on csv summary sheet
1. Fix for results going to wrong folder when new model is opened and run without closing report dialog.
2. Fix for APSH report to display rooms with common windows with correct address.
3. Fix for window label to be updated when linked room is updated.
4. Fix for registration by model with more than 1 sub polyline.
5. Fix for calculating window below area in ADF for curved windows.
6. Fix for projectdetails.xml compatibility between version 2 and 3.
7. Fix for register dialog settings compatibility between version 2 and 3.
8. Fix for intermittent issue on reregister not being recognised correctly.
*Release 220.127.116.11 27.1.2017
1.Split-Flux is available for all report providers. Extra “Method” column in ADF sheet shows the calculation method(BRE/SF).
2.Report dialogue Preview supports Self-test sheets.
3.ROL/DD Lables displays percentage of area instead of actual values
4.”FloorFilter” command replaces “MBS” command for Floor filter application coming with bug fixes and improvments.
5.New “CreateSectionLayers” command creates layers for sections in the format of BuildingName_FloorName_Plans_252.
1.Fix on room contour values being overwritten by N/A if Update Solid/Label is ticked on Settings.
2.Fix for room with all windows north facing to show N/A on Room APSH columns in default Excel report.
3.Fix on Image resolution settings on Settings dialogue
*Release 3.0.0 06.12.2016
1.Register By Model feature is added
Selected buildings can also be registered.
Windows can be registered without rooms if necessary.
Automatically registering building shape changes using extra polylines.
2.The building and starting floor name can be specified in a block with dynamic attributes.
3.Renumbering option for registered windows and rooms. e.g. if rooms are added or removed from buildings.
4.Reregister tick box is disabled. Moving, rotating, any changes to room/amenity polyline shape, changing the grid spacing would automatically cause reregistering of the entity on the next update.
5.New polyline is not created during Room, Amenity registration. The existing polyline is moved to new layer instead.
Note: If unregistered, the registered polylines are moved back to original layer.
e.g. If rooms in old models are unregistered, there could be duplicate room polylines. So the old original polylines should be deleted manually before unregistering.
6.Option to calculate average room reflectance for ADF using room area and wall, ceiling and floor reflectance values during registration.
7.The building, floor and room or window name combo boxes remember entries between register and update mode.
8.The model names are displayed on all dialogs’ title bar.
9.Running WALD, RGST commands when the dialogs are already open brings them on top. It didn’t do anything before.
10.WALDSCRIPT Command- Script mode of Run dialog functionality. Model gets converted first if “Auto” is ticked on Assets tab in Run dialog.
11.RPTSCRIPT Command- Script mode of Report dialog functionality. Scripts can be saved/loaded from Report dialog too.
12.PROPOSED group can be automatically created from 3D_PROPOSED_BUILDINGS layer.
13.RG_INJUNCTABLE group is created automatically for rooms that fail ROL test during report preview.
14.Option for Window Attribute
15.Option to Show room and window solids from Waldram Toolbar.
16.APSH calculation using Raycasting method (super-fast). No waldram diagram is created
17.VSC, ADF and APSH for inclined windows are calculated through Raycasting method. No diagram is created.
18.ADF calculation for Inclined Windows is calculated through Split-Flux formula.
19.ADF calculation for horizontal window(BRE & Split-Flux).
20.Shading for Raycasting images.
21.Number of hours for sunlight test can be set in Project Settings.
22.The start and end time period is set in Project Settings for Sunlight availability test.
23.Interval contours, based on min, max and step, will be created on corresponding layers.
24.ROL colour banding contour can be enabled in Project Settings XML file.
25.Default BRE settings are defined in global ProjectDetails.xml in Waldram appdata folder.
26.Project information can be specified using Replaceable tags which can be inserted in Excel template including header and footer. The tag values can be defined in Project Settings.
27.Default Report supports Self Tests
28.Conditional formatting is removed from all Excel sheets
29.Add Solids to show the results.
30.Add Labels as a registering option (settings are taken from label form).
31.Option to update Solids Automatically when calculations rerun.
32.Option to update Labels Automatically when calculations rerun.
33.Option to add Room Reference to window label.
34.Option to show Calculation points for VSC, APSH and ADF results.
35.Option to remove Calculation points completely.
36.CSV report supports Self Tests.
37.Option to Export settings using .out files from Run dialogue menubar.
38.Hyperlink to VSC and ADF diagrams in the default reports.
1.ADF calculation when window is completely below WPH.
2.Labels colour not set ByLayer.
3.Selecting windows from Label dialog taking long time.
4.Self-intersecting room polyline checking.
5.Column visibility checkboxes in User Settings->Report requiring double click to select.
6.The building and floor name combo boxes not refreshing automatically after Recreating Text files.
7.The building and floor name combobox changing values between Register and Update mode.
8.Bug on drawing contours if the area is zero.
9.Bug on CSV report where ADF room’s “required value” displays wrong value.
10.Error on CSV APSH if no room is in model
11.The installer to be compatible with Windows 10 and the Deskey version.
12.Bug on rooms with inclined windows that are split by WPH giving wrong contours.
13.Bug for “Calc Room APSH” option adding 2 extra Excel rows for room APSH regardless.
14.Bug for the broken link between the contours and the room when re-registering the room.
This has been fixed by the room not getting deleted on re-registering(feature 5).
15.Bug giving no warning if new version of windows have broken link to room.
Warning message is given on preview/exporting the report.
16.Bug where amenity calc uses default date if the date is not loaded from Xml. A warning is given now.
17.Bug on room sides getting divided evenly by the grid spacing size and the Trig.exe exception.
18.Bug fixed on Amenity calculation showing no contours as the result of re-running the amenity through “select” option in models with large coordinates.
*Release 18.104.22.168 18.05.2016
Fixed bug on ROL\DD room contours with non vertical windows
*Release 22.214.171.124 04.03.2016
Fix on hatching existing contour where proposed scenario has total loss
Fix where unregistering a room deletes all rooms contours on same floor
Fix on contours due to scaling +2 pixels on the window bounding box
Fix on room contour with window divided into sub windows
Fix on conversion process for window reference with two blank spaces
Fix on purging room layers only in opposed to whole the drawing
Fix on ADF test where the entire window is below WP height
Full row selection on register dialogue update mode
Retaining pre ROL/DD contours in RetainedContour layer
HSC for CIE overcast sky on roof lights for VSC, APSH and Sunputh tests
Reregister option for amenity
Option to show/hide image preview
CSV report option
Outputting window orientation on Excel report
Changes to default template report on VSC, APSH and DD report
Labels font option
Labels option to show failures
Scroll bar for window detilas on Rgeister dialogue room tab
Opening job folder through menu bar
Hilighting APSH common sun spots between room windows
*Release 126.96.36.199 16.12.2015
*Release 188.8.131.52 02.03.2015